Admera Health is seeking a Scientist I to join our growing team!
Title: Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Admera Health is a leading precision medicine company providing a suite of high-integrity pharmacogenomics (PGx) solutions, diagnostic testing, and biopharmaceutical research services. PGx, the study of how genes affect a person’s response to drugs, combines the fields of pharmacology and genomics to develop effective, safe medications and dosing recommendations tailored to a person’s genetic makeup. PGx testing may help reduce adverse drug reactions (ADRs), which some estimates place as the fourth leading cause of death – resulting in more deaths than lung disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, and accidents. For every healthcare dollar spent on medications, an additional 50% is spent on addressing ADRs. Admera Health’s flagship product, PGxOne™ Plus, is a comprehensive test built on the foundation of enabling smarter and safer medication management. The test incorporates next-generation gene sequencing design applications and expert data curation to deliver biological systems based medically actionable results. In addition to PGx services, Admera Health leverages existing knowledge and infrastructure to offer related clinical services and robust biopharmaceutical genomics solutions to researchers worldwide.
- Independently perform benchwork on projects to ensure successful product for all workflows
- Take lead with fellow scientists in troubleshooting workflows
- Assist in developing new workflows and take lead in improving current workflows
- Train new associate scientists and scientists on laboratory workflows – documentation, benchwork, maintenance
- Perform Next Generation Sequencing-based genomic assays on different workflows (few listed below):
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing
- Detailed recordkeeping during project progress, procedures, deviations from standard protocols as necessary
- Collaborate within the group, as well as cross departmental
- M.S. in Biological Sciences plus 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience required
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences preferred
- Highly proficient in Molecular Biology principles and technologies including PCR, molecular cloning, and basic sequence analysis required
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing platforms preferred
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.