Admera Health, in collaboration with Allure Specialty Pharmacy, offers a unique interactive two-year postdoctoral fellowship in a Medical Affairs and an Ambulatory Care setting to promote the education of providers, pharmacists, and patients on the clinical role of pharmacogenomics in therapeutic care.
- Year 1 – the candidate will start with Admera Health for seven months and then transition to Allure Specialty Pharmacy for five-months
- Year 2 – the candidate will have the option to split their longitudinal experience in seven vs. five-month blocks
The fellowship is designed to offer an in-depth experience in pharmacogenomics from the standpoint of medical education as well as clinical integration at an ambulatory care pharmacy. The goal of this program is to provide advanced training to the pharmacist who wishes to become a leader in the field of pharmacogenomics.
The Admera Health-Allure Specialty Pharmacy Program is a multi-site fellowship program that includes two longitudinal experiences integrated over 24 months, providing the opportunity to master the skills and experiences necessary to excel in pharmacogenomics.
Admera Health Component: Medical Affairs
The fellowship is based at Admera Health’s headquarters in South Plainfield, New Jersey. The fellow will be an integral member of the medical affairs team and gain working knowledge of the role through broad hands-on experience and longitudinal core responsibilities. During the fellowship, the fellow will collaborate and rotate with cross-functional teams including but not limited to strategic marketing, bioinformatics, and product development. The fellow will:
- Serve as the core member of the Medical Affairs team and contribute to the development and execution of integrated medical affairs plan, scientific communications, and medical education programs.
- Collaborate and network with key opinion leaders (KOLs), partners, researchers, and other healthcare practitioners.
- Understand the integral and strategic roles of various functional groups within Admera Health.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that activities and initiatives are strategically aligned and maintain the highest standards.
- Provide scientific support; participate in developing medical content and review of promotional and sales training materials.
Allure Specialty Pharmacy Component: Clinical Pharmacogenomics
The clinical component of the fellowship is based at Allure Specialty Pharmacy and its affiliated ambulatory care clinic in Bronx, New York. The fellow will be an integral part of the pharmacy team, serving as an educator for patients and health care providers on the integration of pharmacogenomics to better determine targeted medication regimens.
The program will offer the opportunity for the fellow to develop practical skills needed by current and future ambulatory care and community pharmacists:
- Provide direct patient care in an ambulatory setting.
- Participate with providers in team-based care and document all pharmacy-related interventions into the centralized EMR.
- Educate patients and providers in the strategic clinical use of genomic testing in decision making for patient’s pharmaceutical medication regimens.
- Serve as a pharmacogenomic clinical specialist in educating other pharmacists, health care providers, and patients.
- Operational / Administrative
- Develop a quality improvement project related to patient safety which will be implemented into the medication-use process.
- Management / Leadership
- Actively participate in state and national pharmacy association meetings and participate in activities to further the pharmacy profession
Longitudinal Experiences Conducted at Both Sites
- Participate in longitudinal research projects.
- Present results of a research project at a national meeting.
- Co-precept pharmacy students on advanced experiential rotations.
Fellows will be selected on a nationally competitive basis. To be eligible, candidates must graduate from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited Doctor of Pharmacy program.
The fellow must obtain a NY and NJ pharmacist license by Oct 1st, 2020.
The fellow will be a full-time employee of Admera Health. A competitive stipend will be given as well as comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Starting July 2020
Participation in the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacist (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting Personnel Placement Service (PPS) is strongly encouraged.
Requests for interviews during the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting can be submitted to Dr. Sanjeda Chumki at Sanjeda.Chumki@admerahealth.com starting October 23rd, 2019. The candidate must send a current CV to be considered for an interview at Midyear.
All application materials below must be received by December 17th, 2019. Please submit via the online portal.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of intent
- Unofficial pharmacy school transcript
- (3) Letters of recommendation
- Professional reference
- Academic reference
- Personal reference
After you apply, you will receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted. Following the review, top candidates will be invited for on-site interviews in South Plainfield, NJ.
For more information, please send correspondence to:
Sanjeda R. Chumki, PharmD
Fellowship Program Director
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Job Type: Full-time