Admera Health is seeking an Senior Clinical Specialist, Pharmacogenomics to join our growing team!
Title: Senior Clinical Specialist, Pharmacogenomics
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
• Serve as the pharmaceutical expert and work closely across cross-functional teams including marketing, medical affairs, clinical services and executives
• Manage current medication and gene list and assess new drugs in the market to identify new opportunities to expand medication and gene list
• Reviews and evaluates the medical literature to critically analyze pharmacogenetic data and incorporate into bibliography, update/prepare white papers and educational materials
• Provide drug information, dosing guidelines, drug labels and updates on newly FDA approval drugs or removals
• Interpret and clarify clinical pharmacogenetic test results to health care providers (HCPs)/clinicians and provide clinical consultation and educate patients
• Educate clinicians/HCPs to promote implementation of pharmacogenomic testing into clinical practice
• Present abstract/posters, write manuscript for publication and participate in collaborative research projects
• Initiate, encourage and manage external collaborations and interact with advisory board members
• Precepting/Supervising PharmD students during their clinical rotation in pharmacogenomics
• Researching clinical utility of pharmacogenes and/or their corresponding variants to modify or create Admera’s pharmacogenomics gene panel(s).
• Researching clinical utility of gene-drug and/or gene-variant-drug pairs to modify or create Admera’s pharmacogenomics gene panel(s).
• Gathering information from reliable sources (i.e. FDA, CPIC, PharmGKB, textbooks, medical literature) to populate the corresponding fields in the Admera pharmacogenomics knowledge database used to generate the information provided in Admera’s Clinical Pharmacogenomics reports.
• Comparing different types of lists to gather necessary information to create, implement, modify, or act-up on to contribute to Admera’s pharmacogenomics current and future pharmacogenomics panel(s).
• Continue working with the Medical Director on every necessary step to generate clinical pharmacogenomics interpretations.
• Continue in communication with our academic associates and research collaborators to see to completion all ongoing posters, publications, and all clinical studies. The consultant will be a co-author in all publications he/she participates.
• Client contact and communication in regards further explanation of pharmacogenomic results beyond to what is included in issued reports.
• Any other activity necessary for the advancement of Admera Health’s Clinical Pharmacogenomics Tests.
• PharmD degree from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy required
• 1-2 years of pharmacy management experience preferred
• 3-5 years of pharmacogenomics training and experience required
• Active pharmacist license in good standing with the state Board of Pharmacy in NY and NJ
• Certification in Pharmacogenomics is preferred
• Previous experience in genetics or molecular biology preferred
• Ability to collaborate and motivate internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Admera Health focuses on advanced molecular diagnostics, personalized medicine and non-invasive cancer testing. Our goal is to fulfill unmet medical needs with cost-effective tests and accurate analysis that guide patient care by utilizing next generation sequencing technologies and advanced bioinformatics to redefine disease screening, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management. It is our mission to deliver transformative, valuable solutions for patients, physicians, payers, and clinical researchers.
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.