Admera Health is seeking an Associate Bioinformatics Scientist to join our growing team!
Title: Associate Bioinformatics Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
• Work collaboratively with bench scientists, comprehend project objectives, and evaluate and provide informatics solutions.
• Develop and implement bioinformatics analyses, applications, and workflows to expand our genomics and bioinformatics capabilities.
• Provide Bioinformatics support for company’s RUO services.
• Maintain and improve back-end of cloud-based genomic interpretation system.
• Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, clinical-related databases.
• Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
• Work closely with IT specialists to build robust infrastructure
• M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related disciplines with 1-3 years of experience required.
• Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related disciplines with 0-2 years of experience preferred.
• High programming proficiency in R, Python, Java, or Perl.
• Essential knowledge of key biological processes and NGS technology desired.
• Concrete bioinformatics skills in analysis of data from various omic platforms.
• Experience in building NGS data analysis pipeline.
• Experience in web interface (web frontend) development. Familiarity with bootstrap and python web frameworks like Django/Web2py is a plus.
• Strong background in software development on Linux system.
Admera Health focuses on advanced molecular diagnostics, personalized medicine and non-invasive cancer testing. Our goal is to fulfill unmet medical needs with cost-effective tests and accurate analysis that guide patient care by utilizing next generation sequencing technologies and advanced bioinformatics to redefine disease screening, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management. It is our mission to deliver transformative, valuable solutions for patients, physicians, payers, and clinical researchers.
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.