Admera Health is seeking a Scientist I to join our growing team!
Title: Scientist I
Department: Biopharma Services (Lab)
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Admera Health Biopharma Services offers a variety of solutions based on the condition of your samples, project goals, and budget. We provide genomics and bioinformatic services for researchers working on projects ranging from exploratory to clinical. Operating in a CLIA/CLEP-certified and CAP-accredited environment, all projects are handled with exceptional care. Maximizing efficiency in laboratory services and practices allows Admera to offer substantial competitive pricing to our customers. Our team of experts can help through ongoing consultations for projects requiring fully customizable solutions. Proprietary extraction techniques have been developed that deliver robust results even with difficult low input samples, including blood and FFPE.
- Independently perform benchwork on projects to ensure successful product for all workflows
- Take lead with fellow scientists in troubleshooting workflows
- Assist in developing new workflows and take lead in improving current workflows
- Train new associate scientists and scientists on laboratory workflows – documentation, benchwork, maintenance
- Independently generate reports for results on benchwork and send to relevant customers, when necessary
- Perform Next Generation based genomic assays on different workflows
o Ex. RNAseq; Whole Genome Sequencing; Whole Exome Sequencing
- Detailed recordkeeping during project progress, procedures, deviations from standard protocols as necessary
- Assist Project Management team to provide technical support to customer
- Collaborate within the group, as well as cross departmental
- M.S. in Biological Sciences plus 2-3+ years of relevant laboratory experience required
- Ph.D. in Biological Scientist preferred
- Highly proficient in Molecular Biology principles and technologies including PCR, molecular cloning, and basic sequence analysis required
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing platforms preferred
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.