Admera Health is seeking a Associate Scientist I/II to join our growing team!
Title: Associate Scientist I/II
Department: Biopharma Services (Lab)
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Admera Health Biopharma Services offers a variety of solutions based on the condition of your samples, project goals, and budget. We provide genomics and bioinformatic services for researchers working on projects ranging from exploratory to clinical. Operating in a CLIA/CLEP-certified and CAP-accredited environment, all projects are handled with exceptional care. Maximizing efficiency in laboratory services and practices allows Admera to offer substantial competitive pricing to our customers. Our team of experts can help through ongoing consultations for projects requiring fully customizable solutions. Proprietary extraction techniques have been developed that deliver robust results even with difficult low input samples, including blood and FFPE.
- Preparing solutions and reagents for performing assays on the bench
- Perform Next Generation Sequencing-based genomic assays on different workflows (few listed below):
o Whole Genome Sequencing
o Whole Exome Sequencing
- Carry out genomic assays under Biosafety Level II Policies and in regulatory compliance
- Perform Operational Qualification and Performance Qualification on Next Generation Sequencers
- Strictly follow standard operating procedures set forth for processing biological specimens while complying with laboratory safety protocols
- Strict recordkeeping of all laboratory procedures
- Continue acquiring next generation sequencing knowledge to support molecular biology techniques
- Collaborate within the group and cross departmental to achieve goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences with minimum 1-3 years of lab experience required
- M.S. in Biological Sciences with minimum 1 year of lab experience preferred
- Strong background in molecular biology required
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing platforms preferred
- Experience with handling and processing customer samples preferred
- Can work independently and as a team with positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.