Admera Health is seeking a Part-Time Intern to join our growing team!
Title: Part-Time Internship-Project Management
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Admera Health is a leading precision medicine company providing a suite of high-integrity pharmacogenomics (PGx) solutions, diagnostic testing, and biopharmaceutical research services. PGx, the study of how genes affect a person’s response to drugs, combines the fields of pharmacology and genomics to develop effective, safe medications and dosing recommendations tailored to a person’s genetic makeup. PGx testing may help reduce adverse drug reactions (ADRs), which some estimates place as the fourth leading cause of death – resulting in more deaths than lung disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, and accidents. For every healthcare dollar spent on medications, an additional 50% is spent on addressing ADRs. Admera Health’s flagship product, PGxOne™ Plus, is a comprehensive test built on the foundation of enabling smarter and safer medication management. The test incorporates next-generation gene sequencing design applications and expert data curation to deliver biological systems based medically actionable results. In addition to PGx services, Admera Health leverages existing knowledge and infrastructure to offer related clinical services and robust biopharmaceutical genomics solutions to researchers worldwide.
- Relay information to laboratory scientist regarding project details
- Basic communication with prospective, current, and past customers
- Co-coordinating multiple genomic projects with excellent documentation skills and communication to customers
- Collaborate within group to streamline incoming, ongoing, completed projects – minimally cross-departmental
- Relevant administrative duties to assist with workflow
- Learn relevant next generation sequencing materials
- Comply with all CLIA/CAP regulations
- B.S. in Biological Sciences required
- M.S. in Biological Scientist preferred
- 1+ years of lab experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Molecular Biology principles and technologies including PCR; basic sequence analysis preferred
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing platforms preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, required
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.