Admera Health is seeking a Junior Systems Analyst to join our growing team!
Title: Junior Systems Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Admera Health is a leading precision medicine company providing a suite of high-integrity pharmacogenomics (PGx) solutions, diagnostic testing, and biopharmaceutical research services. PGx, the study of how genes affect a person’s response to drugs, combines the fields of pharmacology and genomics to develop effective, safe medications and dosing recommendations tailored to a person’s genetic makeup. PGx testing may help reduce adverse drug reactions (ADRs), which some estimates place as the fourth leading cause of death – resulting in more deaths than lung disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, and accidents. For every healthcare dollar spent on medications, an additional 50% is spent on addressing ADRs. Admera Health’s flagship product, PGxOne™ Plus, is a comprehensive test built on the foundation of enabling smarter and safer medication management. The test incorporates next-generation gene sequencing design applications and expert data curation to deliver biological systems based medically actionable results. In addition to PGx services, Admera Health leverages existing knowledge and infrastructure to offer related clinical services and robust biopharmaceutical genomics solutions to researchers worldwide.
- Level 1 Support, troubleshooting software, hardware, networking, phone, and general IT infrastructure
- Use of Help Desk system to document problems and their solutions and analyze that data to improve performance and training
- Install and configure software, print drivers, utilities, etc. to be utilized on workstations and computer networks
- Conduct New Starter Orientation, On-boarding of new hires and off-boarding of separated employees
- Manage SFTP service within AWS
- Monitor and follow policies on backups, network, and storage capacity, and change management
- Update daily Inventory – Tracking New starters requests for setups, Laptop, desktop, monitors, licenses, print consumables etc.
- Leads compliance measures relating HIPAA after being trained
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field(s) required
- 1-2 year of Help Desk experience, troubleshooting software, hardware and networking required
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic work environment
- Able to install, configure and maintain computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Able to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Proficient with Linux CLI, Ubuntu/CentOS, required
- Experience with Active Directory and Office 365, required
- Experience with Cisco network equipment Switches/SonicWall Firewalls preferred
- Scripting experience preferred (Powershell/Bash) preferred
- VOIP phone system experience preferred
- AWS Experience preferred
- CompTIA A+ preferred
Admera Health employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.